Friday 10 April 2015

Self-evaluation on Presentation

Two presentations  in a single week would normally ruffle the feather's of any students', especially when the semester exams are nearing. However, to my surprise, i did not feel that way. I was excited. I wanted to improve the on the mistakes i did in the first presentation of the week. One of the main critic was that my voice was soft at times and i have to project it.  Another comment was to improve on my hand gesture as i was noticed fidgeting with my pen out of nervousness during the first presentation. Keeping these critics in mind, for the ES1102 presentation, I was credited to for good hand gestures. However I was not able to project my voice again. The 1st presentation of the week was for one of my engineering module, hence it was more theoretical. I wanted to make this presentation a little more interactive and i believe i have achieved it. I was very happy when my power point slides received positive comments, as i did work on it reasonably. Yet, one thing that disappointed me was my first impression i made on my audience. I wanted to give a good introduction, hence i memorised it beforehand. But my nerves went out of control which then sent wrong signal to the brain and which in turn made my lips utter the wrong statistical data. On the whole it was a good experience. I have have received many valuables comments which will further help me give a better  presentation  next time.

1 comment: