Sunday 8 March 2015


An Influential Event

I knew that she would not pick up the phone, yet I called her. After few rings I heard the "beep" sounds. She had cut my call. I felt aggrieved. I decided to call her several times to annoy her. She let the phone cry and consequently made me cry too.
Rani and I were good friends for three long years. However during our last year at school together, things were not smooth. She started withdrawing herself from me and as well as from our other friends.
I was wiping my tears and was trying to vent my heart ache, when I heard my phone buzz. Though I knew Rani would not text or call, I prayed hard that it should be a message from her. But as feared, it was not her. It was my 10th grade friend, Nabi. He was my really good buddy when I was studying in Middle East for just eleven months. We had amazing moments together. His jovial texts cheered me up, though the phone call incident ruffled my feathers occasionally. That day, before I went to bed, a realisation about life pulled a smile across my face. One of my dearest turned me down and just after several minutes Nabi texts me to renew our old friendship. From this incident, I have truly understood that nothing or no one is going to stay with us forever. On the other hand, when something or someone is taken away, it is always replaced. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pryanga, your story is so touching! A well written essay!
    I hope Rani knows that you treasure her as well! Indeed, a true friendship do not come easily. We need to treasure not only our friends, but family too! It is useless to regret when you lose them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheng Howk, i feel so much better after reading the last line of yours. :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing! the event is well described and written with heart. I can relate to the part about getting out of touch with close friends.

    yanjing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this intimate event.

    ReplyDelete